Radio Morning Co-Host - KSLZ
Saint Louis, MO
Working at iHeartMedia is exciting! We are the leading media and entertainment company with the largest reach of any digital, radio, outdoor or television entity in the U.S. We are always on the lookout for innovative people to help grow our brands, including iHeartMedia, Clear Channel Outdoor, Katz Media Group, Total Traffic & Weather Network (TTWN), Premiere Networks and RCS.
We are now hiring a Morning Co-Host for KSLZ.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
• 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
• Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking.
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools.
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions.
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience.
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation.
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination.
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish.
• Perform news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establish relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Interview guests, moderate debates, converse with callers, and host live events.
• Adhere to all guidelines, policies, and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepare for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
• Maintain a website personality page.
• Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings, and events.
• Make regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serve as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
• Execute only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follow designated show format.
• Assist with voiceover and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serve as primary creative voice and direct support staff of show.
• Research and gain knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
• Finalize content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Check studio equipment for proper functioning and notify Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Handle emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air.
• Must be able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
• Must work well in a team environment; collaborative.
• Must be able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
iHeartMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.